Wednesday, January 23, 2008

M. Night ________________

I was at a guys weekend, and as we were surfing around on DirecTV, we happened on the movie Signs, starring Mel Gibson and Joaquin Phoenix. I remarked how much I disliked it, and my old college roommate Scott concurred. Scott and I, being computer programmers, represent the evil, rich element of society in our guys weekends. Mike and Lance, on the other hand, represent the salt of the earth. But I digress. Anyway, when the movie got to the scene in which the director appears as an actor, I mumbled, "There's M. Night, himself" and Scott confirmed it. Somebody asked, "Who?" And Scott answered, "You know, M. Night Shyamalama-ding-dong." My sentiments, exactly.

2 comments:

AnnScott said...

One small correction to your post: I don't recall making the "Shyamalama-ding-dong" comment. I also don't recall who said it, but my money is on Lance. Anyway, it was good to see you at Mike's place. BTW, I've been scouring the Internet today in search of our long-lost roommate Dave... I'll let you know if/when I locate him.

-Scott

Chris Burkholder said...

Thanks for the correction, Scott, but I am really surprised that it wasn't you. Brillo's voice matches yours better than anyone else. I don't think I would ever mistake Lance's or Mike's voice for yours. Anyway, no matter. I enjoyed the comment immensely, nonetheless.

Also, I was glad to hear that Dave was found. I hadn't done any serious searching for him in quite some time.