Friday, October 12, 2007

GA Alumni

GAAlumni is short for General American alumni, which is a site for us refugees from there to keep up with each other. I worked at General American from 1989-2003, which is when MetLife, after acquiring GA in 2000, decided to close down our operation in St. Louis.

Yesterday I had lunch with a couple of other refugees, Steve D and Susan K. Steve has been working at AT&T for several years now, and Susan is contracting in our group at Bank Of America. She was just let go from MetLife early this year.

The old General American NHQ (National Headquarters) is right across the street from where Susan and I work. That's where I started in 1989. And, there's a photograph on the wall in my department of part of this unusual building. For me this is very weird. The NHQ is vacant with for sale signs up, and Steve said he heard it was cheap.

1 comment:

The Fletchers said...

Bro....I love the blog. Thanks for sending the link!!!