Tuesday, October 9, 2007

On The Bus

I'm on the bus, on the way home, here on what may turn out to be the last day of Indian summer in St. Louis, 2007. Over the weekend, they removed the Jefferson Avenue bridge over Highway 64/40. The mornings are already getting a bit more congested, but this afternoon we made it out fine. In January, the powers that be are going to close Highway 64/40 from Ballas, near 270, to 170. I don't think any of us can quite imagine it.

Metro St. Louis has responded with increases in numbers and frequency of the express bus I take to and from work downtown at 8th and Market. At the end of November, we will go from buses for two hours every half hour in the morning and evening, to buses for three hours every twenty minutes. I may be out for paternity leave once that kicks in, but it will be nice to know it's there when I get back. To those of you who know St. Louis, this bus will start and end at Clarkson and Chesterfield Parkway, finding its way along New Ballwin, and then along Big Bend all the way between its western endpoint and Elm. I get it in Crestwood, which usually works out to a ride between 25 and 40 minutes in length. I can barely park and walk in that amount of time when I drive my car down.

Additional news for us right now is that ma belle-soeur (sister-in-law, techincally, or beautiful sister, literally) will be arriving to spend several months with us on next Monday, October 15. We are very excited for her to be able to come and spend this special season with us.

No comments: