Sunday, January 11, 2009

Seoul Man

Please forgive the redundant nature of my post titles, but this one actually sums it up pretty well. I am a man, and I'm in Seoul. There isn't much else to say, as my tank is about empty. It is a beautiful airport, and they told us the temperature outside was about 15 degrees Farenheit but in here there is no way to know. Glass everywhere, Gloria Jean's, Caribou Coffee, and a Smoothies R Us. There's even a food court that promises "western food." I already had a bagel and cream cheese with a coffee from Gloria Jean's as my second breakfast of the day, or maybe it's the breakfast for Sunday that I didn't have since Sunday got swallowed up by the International Date Line. No, I guess it's just a matter of swapping eating for sleeping, since I'll probably double up on at least two meals when I come back and get a 48-hour Monday.

I called in my Discover Card as lost since I used it to get Burger King in St. Louis but then couldn't find it to pay for a chili-cheese hot dog in LA. Between those times, I was turning my backpack inside out looking for headphones which I did not find. However, I did find my blue-tooth headset which has been AWOL for most of the last year. Then while waiting for the Korea flight, I decided I wanted to take another peek at my passport and the China visa therein, and what do you know but it had swallowed the Discover Card at some point.

So I guess it has been a relatively eventful trip so far, for just being in airports and on planes, and the wins and losses are about canceling each other out. We will see how things go once we're on the street in a Chinese city the size of Paris...

No comments: